photo home-40_zpsfbc9f29b.png photo about-34_zpsa271dd0d.png photo sjl-designs_zps1ccfe990.png photo portfolio-3_zpsb681bb32.png photo lot-47_zpsa6579cc1.png photo contact-26_zps73afa72b.png

3.31.2013

BOYS WILL BE BOYS


The boys bathroom renovation reveal!  Finally every detail has been attended to and I can finally share!  Here is our 'Jack and Jill' bathroom that had 1 sink for 2 Jacks!  Needless to say, fighting over the sink quickly became old and I also wanted the convenience of each boy having their own space to grow into.  So the process of this renovation was to try and cut corners where possible.  The first cost saver was keeping the dreadful white tile with white/not so white anymore grout.  The wall tile was a big save as I bought sheets from Home Depot - they were $6 each!  So I went with the best color choice in the selection.  Now to the fun stuff...the vanity!  I knew I wanted a boyish, industrial feel and I was SO LUCKY to find this old kitchen work table at Sleepy Poet www.sleepypoetstuff.com  This is a store I am at on a weekly basis hunting down treasures for me, clients and friends!  I love it in there!  Now it wasn't as easy as that because of the dimensions needed but we were able to adjust a few things for it to fit!

After the vanity I decided the sinks www.signaturehardware.com, the faucets on Ebay, the hand towel hooks at Anthropologie, mirrors at Pepper and Company www.pepperandcompany.net, lights on www.lightingdirect.com in the outdoor section, stools at Ikea then painted the color of one of my son's adjoining rooms and the bathroom wall color is Eddie Bauer 'Beach' ... a color I have loved for years and never had the right space for it!  And finally, added crown molding.

Most importantly, I couldn't do it without Karl Slavetsky of 2DIFOR Builders www.2diforbuilders.com.  He is so talented and patient with all of my crazy ideas!





Before and After
 










The Reveal
 










 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips