photo home-40_zpsfbc9f29b.png photo about-34_zpsa271dd0d.png photo sjl-designs_zps1ccfe990.png photo portfolio-3_zpsb681bb32.png photo lot-47_zpsa6579cc1.png photo contact-26_zps73afa72b.png

3.01.2013

PARTY OF 12





My friend, Melissa was turning 40 and hosting a party at her home as well as having 2 chefs prepare and serve the meal ... ooh la la !  So the table had to be extra special therefore she asked for a little help!  First of all, she has a beautiful long dining table perfect for 12 people!  The exisitng bench and chairs were a tight squeeze so she decided to rent chairs.  Good idea, not only did we all fit well, they dressed it up a bit!  So the next thing was setting the table.  I proposed a yellow napkin as a pop in the room and she found these awesome burlap and rhinestone napkin rings from Etsy.  http://www.etsy.com/listing/59486052/napkin-rings-burlap-jute-rhinestones-set?

Then it was onto the placemats or a charger...we couldn't decide and also didn't want to break the bank.  And I was the picky one...I envisioned bringing in a little glitz in that spot but kept coming across wicker or a cotton placemat or a gold or silver charger and I wasn't satisfied!  Then Melissa found out about rental mirrors from the chair company - BINGO!  THAT'S IT!  We did use everyday glassware and flatware giving the dressy/casual feel Melissa wanted.  But in the meantime, I had to take a trip to Florida and my room service was accompanied by the most unusual flower and I knew THAT was the flower Melissa needed!  I quickly took a picture with my phone and text it to her so she could research it.  We even mimicked the cool rocks the hotel had done.




Then finally, the most important thing...a surprise for Melissa.  Here she was the birthday girl and nothing to be surprised about so I decided there has to be something for her that she won't know about but will love (hopefully).  So I decideded with Melissa's love of fashion, she would need something Christian  Louboutin!  So I handmade everyone's mini Louboutin place card shoe (including the red bottom) and set them all up when I arrived.  Just my way of adding that unexpected touch and giving Melissa something different!  And, yes, she DID love them!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips