photo home-40_zpsfbc9f29b.png photo about-34_zpsa271dd0d.png photo sjl-designs_zps1ccfe990.png photo portfolio-3_zpsb681bb32.png photo lot-47_zpsa6579cc1.png photo contact-26_zps73afa72b.png

3.15.2013

PERSONAL MASTERPIECE


Another DIY art project but get the kids involved!  Here's how I started this masterpiece.  I first purchased this large, framed NYC art from IKEA as shown to possibly hang in the dining room then I decided it wasn't the look I wanted for my room.  But I LOVED the frame and the size and this art was only $50!  You can't even buy a canvas for that then on top of that frame it!  So here's the how to!


Steps:

--Tape off the frame

--Prime the picture with spray paint primer

--I chose to paint the background White Mint by Sherwin Williams but didn't really need to since the boys covered every inch of the canvas!

--Choose the acrylic, craft paint colors found at any craft store.  I chose to pull the colors out of the other art in the room.

--If there is more than 1 child, be sure everyone has the same colors and brushes as to avoid any disagreements.    :)

--And let them go to town!!

--Let the paint dry, pull the tape and HANG!

 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips