photo home-40_zpsfbc9f29b.png photo about-34_zpsa271dd0d.png photo sjl-designs_zps1ccfe990.png photo portfolio-3_zpsb681bb32.png photo lot-47_zpsa6579cc1.png photo contact-26_zps73afa72b.png

4.14.2013

GO GRAPHIC


I feel that a little graphic goes a long way!  Given a traditional, transitional or modern home, add a little graphic somethin' somethin' and it's complete.  While I was planning my entry, I came across a saying COME AS YOU ARE.  And I immediately thought of my front door...I loved that it is something my guests would see upon entering my home.  I love guests at all times, planned and unplanned and something resonated with me with that saying.  So I called up my friend, Mandi Heilig of Dry Ink Designs and told her what I wanted BUT just like anything with me...I needed to tweak it! 

I wanted an element of metallic for the "dressy" part of the art.  Then I wanted to keep a modern look a little traditional.  So I requested Mandi to design it like a traditional rounded monogram and in a blue/gray print.  That was all the direction I gave Mandi and she nailed it!  The frames are from Ikea and actually had fabulous mats but then I decided they needed a round mat so I headed to Hobby Lobby and had those made. 

Little did I know until my friend Allie told me - it's a Nirvana song!  Still didn't spoil it for me.  My meaning is cooler!  HA!!





Plugging my graphic girl....
Mandi Heilig
www.dryinkdesigns.com
www.sunnyslideup.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips