photo home-40_zpsfbc9f29b.png photo about-34_zpsa271dd0d.png photo sjl-designs_zps1ccfe990.png photo portfolio-3_zpsb681bb32.png photo lot-47_zpsa6579cc1.png photo contact-26_zps73afa72b.png

6.22.2013

CHERISH THE OLD AND MAKE IT NEW

Oh that exciting day of the "big boy bed" and taking down the crib....what a back and forth emotional moment!  So excited yet so sad!  I knew selling our crib for a quarter of what we paid and then never seeing it again didn't sit well with me so I brainstormed on what could I do with it.  While renovating our guest room, I knew I wanted a bed or headboard and it hit me that the ends of the crib might make a good headboard if everything added up.  So I measured the 2 crib ends and they equaled 60 inches across and guess what a queen size mattress is - 60 inches wide!  SCORE!  Oh handyman, can you make this work?  The answer is YES!



Here she is - just put together in 2007!



Then there she sits, waiting for the baby (we didn't know what he would be)...





And now here is the headboard!  The bedroom reveal is coming but here is a glimpse of our little project!













No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips